Anything de facto, or ex de facto related, including relationships, separation, division of assets, child custody and the mutlitude of other issues, questions and experiences that ex de facto mums experience.
Forum rules: Forum rules
Info you should know before posting

Please do not post any real names or identifying details in the forums
Section 121 of the Family Law Act 1975 makes it an offence to publish proceedings or identify people involved in family law proceedings - please ensure that your post does not breach this law. Never use identifying factors in your posts such as real names, ages, places, etc., or put facts together in such a way that can identify you or any other individual.
Do not name and/or denigrate any organisation or person, private or professional.
Think before you post! Posts are permanent, and will not be deleted upon request, but may be edited at the discretion of forum administration. We reserve the right to remove or edit objectionable posts. Be aware that any online posts by yourself, including in this Forum, on Facebook or Twitter, etc., can be searched using search engines such as Google, and can possibly be used against you by others in a court of law.
This site does not contain legal or other professional advice. Where professional advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent professional practitioner.
Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
For any concerns regarding this forum, please email us at forum.administrator@singlemotherforum.com
By ladlam94
My ex left while I was pregnant and showed up three weeks after my daughter was born. He visits my six month old occassionaly at my home and we go to his home every second weekend for a couple of hours during the day as we were hoping to restart our relationship. I have decided I do not want to continue the relationship. My daughter has never lived with this man and has never spent more then a 5hours with him, I have always been present during their visits. He believes he should be able to have her overnight with out my supervision once a fortnight, she's breastfed so this is impossible. just hoping for some ideas for visitation that's appropriate for a six month old breastfed baby?
By Mum22
In order to build a bond and therefore relationship, short frequent visits is ideal. 1-2 hours 2-3 times each week, so that you daughter can get used to spending time with her father, supervised by you to start with ( so that she knows he is 'safe') then with you gradually withdrawing, to the point where she can stay with him for those periods without you being there.
Ideally, from there, you would seek to increase time spent on a gradual basis, say extending day-time contact to 4 hours, then longer until eventually a whole day, which could then lead into overnights. I would not be offering overnights until at least 3 years, depending on the nature of the relationship between daughter and father.
Of course problems arise when father cannot accept the needs of the child,a and insists on overnights, with no idea of how to look after the child. Breastfeeding is important, and good on you, so should, not be interrupted by time away overnight.
Stand your ground on this. YOUR bond with your daughter is sacred and should not be disturbed just cos dad came back on the scene.