Anything de facto, or ex de facto related, including relationships, separation, division of assets, child custody and the mutlitude of other issues, questions and experiences that ex de facto mums experience.
Forum rules: Forum rules
Info you should know before posting

Please do not post any real names or identifying details in the forums
Section 121 of the Family Law Act 1975 makes it an offence to publish proceedings or identify people involved in family law proceedings - please ensure that your post does not breach this law. Never use identifying factors in your posts such as real names, ages, places, etc., or put facts together in such a way that can identify you or any other individual.
Do not name and/or denigrate any organisation or person, private or professional.
Think before you post! Posts are permanent, and will not be deleted upon request, but may be edited at the discretion of forum administration. We reserve the right to remove or edit objectionable posts. Be aware that any online posts by yourself, including in this Forum, on Facebook or Twitter, etc., can be searched using search engines such as Google, and can possibly be used against you by others in a court of law.
This site does not contain legal or other professional advice. Where professional advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent professional practitioner.
Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
For any concerns regarding this forum, please email us at forum.administrator@singlemotherforum.com
By SxcBabeOz
If you can afford it, I think you should *definitely* see a counsellor.

That one-on-one face-to-face communication with a professional can work wonders (as I found out myself).

I don't know what counsellors in your area would charge but if you go to The Australian Counselling Association there's a find a counsellor link there. Some even do skype counselling these days if you don't want to leave the house.

I agree with what another person said above too about documenting everything in case there are legal troubles ahead - without documentation life can be pretty hard in court. A friend used love Law to find a lawyer and it helped her quite a bit apparently.

Hang in there :)
By SallyByron
Hi, I'm recently single and sole parenting my 16 month old daughter. I had to find the strength to challenge my ex about how he really felt about me, even though I knew it would end in separation. That was so tough. It's really hard to take that first step in the right direction. I've just found a tiny home for us and am trying to establish a rhythm as he comes down every weekend. I feel free as I'm not in a relationship that wasn't fulfilling me, but also very burdened by what has happened. Plus grieving the loss of my relationship. I really feel for you, this is a very hard road for us, but I'm hoping there will be beautiful times ahead.
X