Anything de facto, or ex de facto related, including relationships, separation, division of assets, child custody and the mutlitude of other issues, questions and experiences that ex de facto mums experience.
Forum rules: Forum rules
Info you should know before posting

Please do not post any real names or identifying details in the forums
Section 121 of the Family Law Act 1975 makes it an offence to publish proceedings or identify people involved in family law proceedings - please ensure that your post does not breach this law. Never use identifying factors in your posts such as real names, ages, places, etc., or put facts together in such a way that can identify you or any other individual.
Do not name and/or denigrate any organisation or person, private or professional.
Think before you post! Posts are permanent, and will not be deleted upon request, but may be edited at the discretion of forum administration. We reserve the right to remove or edit objectionable posts. Be aware that any online posts by yourself, including in this Forum, on Facebook or Twitter, etc., can be searched using search engines such as Google, and can possibly be used against you by others in a court of law.
This site does not contain legal or other professional advice. Where professional advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent professional practitioner.
Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
For any concerns regarding this forum, please email us at forum.administrator@singlemotherforum.com
By ashie
Hi,
I left my husband 3 weeks ago and took our 10mnth old son aswell. Me and H had been fighting alot, name calling, getting angry then wouldnt speak to eachother even pushed eachother and I threw a few small objects over the last few months. He has asked me 3 times what is happening and I have said we need space and dont want to put the pressure on us of getting back together as we will just see what happens. I love him so much but i have had less to do since being a single mum, my H relies on me to do soooo much for him. He is a great man and he loves our son to bits. We have been togther for nearly 6 years and married for nearly 2. Over the last couple of years I have felt so unloved and un appreciated. We had also been to marriage counselling a couple of times about 2 months ago. Has anyone been through the same thing?? Did u work it out? Did the time apart do you good? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
By ForMyChildren
I was in a similar situation. I was with someone for 8 years. I left him as I was feeling lonely and unloved. We fought all the time and he was physically and emotionally controlling and abusive. My children saw alot of this and I knew then that I had to leave. It was initially as a break, to reassess and try and work things out. But when I left, my world turned around. The kids and I were happy, they laughed again for the first time in years.

We didnt work things out. Its been a few years now and things are still unsettled and quite violent at times. I out my kids first. They werent happy either. Leaving was the best thing I could have done.

What did the counsellor say to you both? Why did you stop going? I guess you know deep down what the right decision to make is :)
By SxcBabeOz
Hang in there - I'm reminded of an old saying:

Things are never as good as we hope, nor as bad as we fear.

In time (and it may take a long time) I think you'll find some peace.
By ashie
Thanks,

The counsellor we were going to wasn't very good and she helped for abit but didnt really get the issues out. Since leaving I have been seeing a different one and she is great. She has helped me personally so much and my H and I are actually going to see her together during the week.
I really am not over him and we have been getting along so well since we seperated. I really don't think I could cope if he met someone else. We'll see what happens, just taking each day at a time :)