Single Mother Pension, and any other Centrelink Benefit - Single Parent Pension / Single Parent Payment (Parent Payment Single) / Sole Parenting Payment, Centrelink Newstart Payment, Austudy, JET child care and Carers Payment, Carers Allowance - read and discuss the latest in here!
Forum rules: Please do not post any real names or identifying details in the forums (This is to comply with Section 121 of the Family Law Act, 1975, and also for privacy issues). This site does not contain legal advice. Where personal legal advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent legal practitioner. Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
For any concerns regarding this forum, please contact us here:
By lilypilli
Hi everyone
My husband and I decided to separate last week. We have 2 children and a mortgage. He does FIFO and I am a SAHM. As the split is amicable we thought it would be better to stay in the house until I can get onto centrelink payments. Having no income of my own I am unable to afford a bond etc until we have a settlement on the house (he intends to buy my share out). However after visiting centrelink I was told it is almost impossible to get approved as "separated under one roof" especially as he is the biological dad. Apparently if I do his washing, have any family meals or outings together etc we are not considered separated. I find this absolutely ridiculous as I do not want to treat him like a leper in front of our kids. Has anyone else applied for this & been approved? Would love to get some advice, thanks in advance