Post in here about what happens in or from the Australian Family Law Courts - read the rules about posting first - no identifying names or factors please

Section 121 of the Family Law Act 1975 makes it an offence to publish proceedings or identify people involved in family law proceedings - please ensure that your post does not breach this law.

Never use identifying factors in your posts such as real names, ages, places, etc., or put facts together in such a way that can identify you or any other individual.

Do not name and/or denigrate any magistrate, court representative, lawyer, or other professional or person.
Be aware that any online posts by yourself, including in our Forum, on Facebook or Twitter, etc., can be searched using search engines such as Google, and can possibly be used against you by others in a court of law.

This site does not contain legal advice. Where personal legal advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent legal practitioner.

Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
For any concerns regarding this forum, please email us at
Hi All,
Since the final parenting orders I have moved to a larger area and have been told that obviously there is a backlog.
After the years of going through the courts I have absolutely NO faith in lawyers/solicitors.
Im going to apply to overturn the final orders but Im scared that I'll get screwed over by my legal representation (not doing their job)
I need to turn the tables on the narcissistic former husband and the barracuda legal rep he had.
I want a barracuda.
I have found one but they are in another region a few hours away from where I reside.

Does anyone an I file/lodge a new application in that region/area even if I don't reside there ?
I do have a family member that resides in that area.