Anything to do with childrens custody and access. Post how things work for you, or look in here to check what other families are doing!

Section 121 of the Family Law Act 1975 makes it an offence to publish proceedings or identify people involved in family law proceedings - please ensure that your post does not breach this law.

Never use identifying factors in your posts such as real names, ages, places, etc., or put facts together in such a way that can identify you or any other individual.

Do not name and/or denigrate any magistrate, court representative, professional or other person.
Be aware that any online posts by yourself, including in our Forum, on Facebook or Twitter, etc., can be searched using search engines such as Google, and can possibly be used against you by others in a court of law.

This site does not contain legal advice. Where personal legal advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent legal practitioner.

Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15
For any concerns regarding this forum, please email us at
Hi there. I'm in exactly same situation. Go to the Australia post web site download application form. Then call them tell your situation that the father won't sign, they will ask you to fill out 2 more forms, look them up online, B11 & B7, then go to the post office & get pictures taken & then ask them what the rest of the steps would be. I had to get my boys Australian citizenship certificate made & birth certificate. Australia post wants to see the originals but make sure you have copies they can send in with the application. It is a very tiring process & lots of paperwork. My X was court ordered back in 2013 & I was with my wits end but in the end I got the passports. 3 years later. I should have taken my X back to court straight away instead of have waited that long. I didn't knew I could get passports without his content. But I did. What a victory. Good luck. There is light in the end of the tunnel after all.
Hello firstly the most important thing you can do if your going to Family court is to get Legal representation whether it's from a private lawyer or legal aid. More and more fathers these days are getting access to their children REGARDLESS of how they have treated the child or yourself in the past. Family Courts aim for both parents to have access to the child as they see that this is what's best for the child that they have a relationship with both parents. If you do start Court proceedings I can absolutely guarantee you that the father of the child WILL be given some access to that child simply because it's the child's father, that's all the Courts see. Courts are also not interested in hearing about family violence they just push that information to the side they don't want to hear it. If you are able to afford a private Lawyer rather than a legal aid lawyer than I would go that way as the private lawyers are MUCH better trust me on that.