Page 1 of 1

Need advise.

PostPosted:Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:16 pm
by Mumest2015

I am getting married to my new partner next year and want to add him to my sons birth certificate as a parent. (Not bio- logical )How do I go about doing this. Bubs bio father is not currently on it and has had nothing to do with us since I was 8 weeks pregnant. Bub is now 11 Mths.
Thank you

Re: Need advise.

PostPosted:Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:08 pm
by Mama22
Hi there,

I'm not exactly sure about birth certificate, but to legally adopt you have to be together for at least two years as de-facto and have made effort to get the permission from the child's biological father, even if he isn't on the birth certificate. That was what we were told at least. Good luck! :)