Childrens divorce and break up issues, normal parenting issues including breast feeding, toddler woes, baby car seats, booster seats, school holiday and party ideas, , teenager problems, adult children flying the coop - or not! The sheer fun of it all is in here...
By Onemum
Wanting others opinions about what they do with level of communication and informing ex about school, activities etc. Recently separated, I am the primary parent, dad spends 5 nights including school nights with the kids, equal shared responsibility. Am I supposed to inform their dad about every meeting I attend at our kids' school? He has opted out of attending a couple of events coming up, claiming it's easier on the kids if I go along (it's not particularly amicable but still civil between us). As he wont be there, he's asked I keep him posted on any info he'll miss out on. I always keep him informed of major long term issues, but think me playing secretary for him is taking it too far. That's what it feels like anyway. Am I being unreasonable? Surely if he wants to know details about parent meetings etc, he should attend himself or he should be contacting the school/teacher/parent committee directly to find out? Would be great to hear others' thoughts and experiences. What do I say to the ex? Thanks in advance for responses.