Single Mother Pension, and any other Centrelink Benefit - Single Parent Pension / Single Parent Payment (Parent Payment Single) / Sole Parenting Payment, Centrelink Newstart Payment, Austudy, JET child care and Carers Payment, Carers Allowance - read and discuss the latest in here!
Forum rules: Please do not post any real names or identifying details in the forums (This is to comply with Section 121 of the Family Law Act, 1975, and also for privacy issues). This site does not contain legal advice. Where personal legal advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent legal practitioner. Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
For any concerns regarding this forum, please contact us here: http://www.singlemum.com.au/contact/
Hi all. I was on my own for the birth of my first child but have now repartnered (son is now almost 7yrs). I am wondering if anyone has any experience of what lengths Centrelink will go to re: checking my relationship status. Fully prepared to tell them my relationship status has changed but they make it so difficult to quickly update anything so I've left it for well over the required 14 days... I lived with a friend (who also has a child) and we became partnered a few months later (long story) but now I don't know how to convey this to Centrelink (nor do I want to tell them my whole relationship backstory). Ultimately, we partnered and then quickly became pregnant so I need to make the update but i'm scared they will not only request a huge repayment of single parent pension, but also that I might get into some kind of trouble for not telling them sooner. Anyone shed any light on this or have any kind of similar experience?
Thanks.