Anything about your physical, mental or emotional wellbeing in here!
Depression, Health - and much more!
Forum rules: Please do not post any real names or identifying details in the forums (This is to comply with Section 121 of the Family Law Act, 1975, and also for privacy issues). This site does not contain professional advice. Where personal legal advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent professional practitioner. Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
For any concerns regarding this forum, please contact us at admin@singlemotherforum.com
By me7010
I am so sorry this happened to you.
Double check that you cannot do the swab yourself. If not then either discuss or write down some points for the person examining you, so that you can remain in control. Ask that they tell you before they do anything and tell you when and where they are about to touch you. Also work out a STOP signal e.g. if you put up your hand.
If it is just a swab then it should only take a few seconds. It is only a very thin swab stick (looks much like an overgrown i.e. extra long cotton bud)
Definity have someone you trust go with you...even if its just to drive you there and back.
Personally I would wear a skirt that you can easily pull up, yet leave on and refuse to change into a gown
By me7010
Super HUGS!

Hopefully you were given the number of your states sexual assault support group. They should be able to provide support around attending follow up appointments and future PAP smears etc. Don't be afraid to ring them and see one of their
counsellors.
I hope the police find the scumbag and put a stop to him. You don't deserve to have been put through all of this