Discuss, share info and ideas about accommodation, including share housing, rental tips, public housing, securing your own mortgage, and more...
This topic includes links and general information about Public Housing (Social Housing) of all states and territories of Australia.
Hey all, I thought I'd start putting out feelers now for anyone who might want to share a happy house with me & my kiddos late 2017 somewhere around the (ideally) Box Hill/Blackburn/Mt Waverley/Chadstone/Ashwood area.

My story: I'm currently sharing happily in the Heidelberg area with another single mum but my eldest is likely starting school in 2018 and my ex, having stable long-term accommodation in Glen Iris, wants him to go to school near her. So I need to up & move closer by then.

I have 2 boys who are nearly 2yo and 4yo. They're cheerful, active and relatively well-behaved. I'm nearly 41, & experienced with housesharing, I know how to be considerate & communicative, and can accommodate a range of different living styles. I have mild chronic fatigue syndrome and am not currently working, but hoping that treatments (and older kids) could change that. I don't have any major vices, being tired often means things can be a bit more disorderly than I'd like but nothing that gets in the way of my housemate & her kid (apart from the odd duplo brick on the floor..!). So I'm quiet living, a little shy, don't scream & hit my kids, I like crafts & power tools, and as for gardening, I make deserts bloom! (Current garden getting soooo lush!)

Looking for someone similar-ish, open-minded and considerate, to make a good team living together!

If you've never shared, imagine your kids running around together with in a big back yard filled with flowers and activities, maybe eating together, maybe getting minded by the other parent sometimes, sharing bills & resources, swapping advice & gossip :)
Hello Kite,

I read your post. You sound like a nice, interesting person.

I am a 37yr old mother to a boy who is just under 2yrs. My husband is a chronic alcoholic, and although i have been patient with him for many years, i feel the situation has now become untenable. I have been on unpaid maternity leave for almost 2x years, but will be moving to melbourne this year and would love to return to part time work. I would describe myself as quite easy going, friendly and cooperative. I also believe in looking after each other's kids in turn so that we can enjoy some nights out and the occasional social outings (good for the soul :)).

I think we should keep in touch. And just let each other know what the latest developments are.

Best,

Angela

Kite O'Brien wrote:Hey all, I thought I'd start putting out feelers now for anyone who might want to share a happy house with me & my kiddos late 2017 somewhere around the (ideally) Box Hill/Blackburn/Mt Waverley/Chadstone/Ashwood area.

My story: I'm currently sharing happily in the Heidelberg area with another single mum but my eldest is likely starting school in 2018 and my ex, having stable long-term accommodation in Glen Iris, wants him to go to school near her. So I need to up & move closer by then.

I have 2 boys who are nearly 2yo and 4yo. They're cheerful, active and relatively well-behaved. I'm nearly 41, & experienced with housesharing, I know how to be considerate & communicative, and can accommodate a range of different living styles. I have mild chronic fatigue syndrome and am not currently working, but hoping that treatments (and older kids) could change that. I don't have any major vices, being tired often means things can be a bit more disorderly than I'd like but nothing that gets in the way of my housemate & her kid (apart from the odd duplo brick on the floor..!). So I'm quiet living, a little shy, don't scream & hit my kids, I like crafts & power tools, and as for gardening, I make deserts bloom! (Current garden getting soooo lush!)

Looking for someone similar-ish, open-minded and considerate, to make a good team living together!

If you've never shared, imagine your kids running around together with in a big back yard filled with flowers and activities, maybe eating together, maybe getting minded by the other parent sometimes, sharing bills & resources, swapping advice & gossip :)
Whoops, as I didn't need to move this year, time just FLEW by and I see it's been nearly a year since I posted :? I'll definitely be regular around here from now on. I need to move some time in the next 12 months to the mid-Eastern suburbs.

Hello Angela! I'm glad you clicked with the profile, and you seem chill, hit me up with a DM if you're still around and thinking about moving? You can make the step, it can be a better life! x