Post in here to chat or seek mum advice on this topic, but read this first:
If someone has cause for concern about anyone conducting themselves improperly in relation to children then one should go to the police. If you are a child or adult who has been the victim of child abuse or paedophilia, or if you have information about someone else being abused, you should contact police on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
Forum rules: If someone has cause for concern about anyone conducting themselves improperly in relation to children then one should go to the police. If you are a child or adult who has been the victim of child abuse or paedophilia, or if you have information about someone else being abused, you should contact police on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
By lofficielle
i'm haunted by something and hope someone with medical experience or a baby girl of their own can help;
is a slight red/purple line running from the vagina down the perineum a sign of abuse, or is it normal? (it resembles the line that some pregnant women get running down from their belly buttons, almost beneath the top layer of skin.)
i have only ever seen anything like this after giving birth myself, tearing slightly in this same place..
very paranoid..
anxious for your replies

thank you
By mammacita13
I've experienced something similar with my daughter, my conclusion was we were wiping to hard when we were cleaning her. It's still happens occasionally looks like a small tear they have super delicate skin. Rush her to hospital of your really worried though
By xlil.kimx
https://www.google.com.au/?gws_rd=ssl#q ... +in+babies

If you are concerned I would be going to a GP. Also, if you suspect sexual abuse, suspend all contact with the person you're accusing. I would never send my child into someone else's care if I had any doubts about abuse. You are within your rights to protect that little girl. Good luck mummy & I hope you gain some relief.
By xlil.kimx
I hope the above link helps, it could be a hemoroid. If you feel that your baby has been at risk of violation, then I would not waste any time & get it checked by a GP. I hope for your sake it's nothing serious. Good luck!
By lofficielle
thanks to you both for your replies, they were really helpful

xlil.kimx, my daughter's perineum looked perfectly healthy but for this feint line that was more subcutaneous than anything like a hemorrhoid..
i'm fairly certain it was her perineal raphe developing - as she eventually did develop this very slight "seam"

mammacita, do you notice anything like a perineal raphe on your baby or did the line heal up and disappear?