Here is your chance to tell your story - what brought you to where you are now - a single mum!
(Please ensure that no real names or identifying references are used)
Forum rules: Important - Family Law Warning!
Section 121 of the Australian Family Law Act 1975 makes it an offence to publish proceedings or identify people involved in family law proceedings - please ensure that your post does not breach this law. Never use identifying factors in your posts such as real names, ages, places, etc., or put facts together in such a way that can identify you or any other individual or situation
Be aware that any online posts, including in our Forum, on Facebook or Twitter, etc., can be found using Google, and can possibly be used against you in a court of law
This site does not contain legal advice. Where personal legal advice is required, please seek the assistance of a competent legal practitioner
Please read the complete forum rules, terms and conditions here - viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15&start=0
By Mello
Just wondering if anyone knows of any type of mentoring program available for mothers, or fathers I guess, during separation and divorce? I feel it would be extremely helpful if a service like this was offered. It feels to me like too often other family members and friends become involved in proceedings, giving their own highly biased opinions which cause more harm than good. I am lucky enough to have family and friends who simply support me, without pressuring me to make decisions, they allow me to speak my mind and come to conclusions for myself, but I still often feel completely lost. And they're not always around, I still feel it would be great to have someone to turn to for true, unbiased advice on where to go and what to do next. On the flip side, my ex has been heavily influenced by his very controlling parents and family who have not only encouraged him to betray me but are enablers, controlling every move he seems to make. He has no friends and (as we live in separate states) he visits his family in another state instead of visiting our son, they actually keep him away from his son. I feel he could greatly make use of a mentor to advise him from a completely unbiased point of view. Surely there would be something like a mentoring program available? I just can't seem to find anything....... If not, I'm retraining, this could be so helpful to so many people!!! Anyone? Help!