By Mum22
You know the one?
Where the little girl is in her school play. Mum is there, waiting, shrugging as to say " I don't know where you're &%%$ father is?..Little girl is SAD, so SAD cos Dad is not there...
Dad turns up, LATE, oh! Little girl is SO SO HAPPY, cos DAD is there...
So my point is:
MUM is there, like, mum is expected to be there, like Mum would give up paid work to be there, OR mum doesn't DO paid work, basically MUM is totally dependably there...
BUT...
DAD, well he is so super special, cos he does PAID work, that is obviously more important than Mum's paid work, cos , well he has to work late, but Gosh, how wonderful that he rushes away, albeit late, to get to the daughters play...
Sigh of relief, we are so lucky that MEN work so hard and such long hours for us...Ahhh, what bliss....(excuse me while I chuk into a bucket)...That's my rant for the day! Thank you!
By brenda
Yeah, that's so true Mum 22. You know I've seen that ad and never really thought much about the subliminal messages there but you are so right and when it all goes pear shaped, good ol' dependable mum becomes shunned single mum trying to make ends meet from the income she doesn't have because she was stay-at-home mum or work part-time mum so that she could be so dependable.